Preparing for a Flawless Spray Tan
March 17, 2019
Yva Miller , Owner & Operator
No matter how great the spray tan artist, the type of tanning solution or machine YOU MUST PREPARE AND CARE for your spray tan.
Showing up without exfoliation or shaving and THEN going for a wax, and mani/pedi will MESS UP YOUR spray tan!
So... what do you do?
1. MOST IMPORTANTLY... SCHEDULE ALL WAXING, MANI/PEDI AND FACIALS 24 hours BEFORE
- Waxing and any other service strips your tan and messes it up
-Your tan will fade unevenly or strip off completely when scheduled AFTER the spray tan!
2. Shower at least 12 hours before yous spray tan
-use a simple and mild body wash
-wash your hair
-skip super smelly soaps
3. Scrub dry skin areas!
-use an exfoliating mitt or cloth & a gentle scrub
-focus on your ELBOWS, KNEES, ANKLES, & BEHIND FEET
-shave your normal spots
- you can't shave for at least 24 hours after a spray spray tan
5. Make sure any old spray tan or self tanner is GONE!
- Spraying a new tan on to an old tan will cause flaking fading and uneven color
-wait at least 9 days before another spray tan
-use a spray tan remover if you really want a new tan
-Soleil Sunless will not provide a spray tan when an old tan is still on the skin
AFTER THE SPRAY TAN for 12 hours
-No working out
-No leggings or spaghetti straps- it will dig and strip your tan
-No water on skin (swimming, dishes, bathing kids, etc...)
The planning and prep for a flawless spray tan is necessary for that flawless color and tan!
Please plan accordingly!