Just "Say No" to Indoor Tanning Beds
May 18, 2019
By: Yva Miller @Solelil_Sunless_Tans
#SPRAY DON'T LAY
A glowing tan has been a long time symbol of health and beauty! It makes people feel more confident too! People have used baby oil, iodine, indoor tanning beds, and other tanning methods to achieve that bronzed look.
Many research studies have proved the detrimental effects of UVA/UVB exposure. The scary and real truth is too much exposure can lead to skin cancer.
According the American Academy of Dermatology indoor tanning is the most dangerous method to get tan. Read below for more information...
Risks of indoor tanning:
- The United States Department of Health and Human Services and the World Health Organization's International Agency of Research on Cancer panel have declared ultraviolet radiation from the sun and artificial sources, such as tanning beds and sun lamps, to be a known as cancer causing.
- Studies have demonstrated that exposure to UV radiation during indoor tanning damages the DNA in the skin cells. Excessive exposure to UV radiation during indoor tanning can lead to premature skin aging, immune suppression, and eye damage, including cataracts and ocular melanoma.
Research indicates that UV light from the sun and tanning beds can both cause melanoma and increase the risk of a benign mole progressing to melanoma.
- Researchers estimate that indoor tanning may cause upwards of 400,000 cases of skin cancer in the U.S. each year.
- Using indoor tanning beds before age 35 can increase your risk of melanoma, the deadliest form of cancer.
- Women younger than 30 are six times more likely to develop melanoma if they tan indoors.
- Research demonstrates that even people who do not burn after indoor tanning or sun exposure are at an increased risk of melanoma.
- Even one indoor tanning session can increase users’ risk of developing melanoma by 20 percent.
- A recent investigation estimated that 3,234 injuries related to indoor tanning — including burns, loss of consciousness and eye injuries — were treated in U.S. hospital emergency departments every year.
- Indoor tanning beds/lamps should be avoided and should not be used to obtain vitamin D because UV radiation from indoor tanning is a risk factor for skin cancer.
- So how do we get that perfect tan without risking skin cancer?
- Book a custom, organic spray tan with Soleil Sunless Tans! The spray tanning industry has come a long way. There are organic and alcohol free solutions that eliminate the stinky smell and make your skin very moisturized, which creates a flawless look and natural fade.
- Soleil Sunless Tans only uses the best tanning solutions on the market. We have a variety of solutions to provide each client with the shade he or she needs and wants. Our tanning artists are professionally certified to ensure the correct application and the knowledge to problem solve tricky areas on the body or skin.
- See our website for our work! First time clients are $35!
- You can book by texting 303-619-5917 or click HERE